Ashfield Early Learning Centre is an approved long day care centre based in Ashfield, the Inner West suburb of Sydney in NSW. We are owner operated childcare centre catering for infants, toddlers and through to pre-schoolers.
Having two young children of our own, we understand the importance of providing an environment which enables each child to feel safe, secure, and valued much like home. We recognise that the first five years of a child are the most critical period in their life. With the right guidance, nurturing, and environment, we are confident it will help set the right foundation for their physical, emotional and brain development.
Our vision is to assist and support children’s learning and development needs through collaboration and partnership with families and our educators.
Our Centre provides all components necessary to provide this. We work with families in partnership to enhance this process and value the link between home and Centre.
We look forward to being a part of this journey with you and your child. This is our commitment to you.
We are an approved Childcare Centre by the NSW Department of Education. Parents can claim for Australian Government Child Care Subsidy (CCS).
Our aim is to provide the best start for your child’s Early Childhood Education and Care in a warm, nurturing and safe environment. We believe in creating environments supportive of an ongoing culture of sustainability, connectedness and inclusion; embracing each child’s uniqueness and developing a positive sense of self and community.
By creating a feeling of acceptance and sense of belonging, we provide an environment which enables each child to feel safe, secure and valued.
We recognise that each child has unique interest, skills and knowledge. We will use this knowledge to build your child’s individual program to develop each child’s individual personality, resilience and love of learning.
At Ashfield Early Learning Centre we have a team of dedicated and enthusiastic educators aimed at providing high-quality Early Childhood Education and Care. With 20 years combined experience in delivering high-quality care and service to our communities, we understand and value the importance of a great start in children’s learning journey.
Our team of educators are genuine and motivated individuals who treat each child equally, strive to meet the needs of each child and most importantly foster respect and empathy as part of their teaching. We see ourselves as advocates for children’s rights and voices, and acknowledges the significance of their presence in their early childhood stage of lives. Our educators share a common goal of being part of shaping each child’s early lives and helping them reach developmental milestones.
Aims For The Children
- To make every child feel secure in the early learning environment.
- To develop each child’s sense of self.
- To allow each individual to develop intellectual abilities at their own pace.
- To help develop children socially and emotionally by making them aware of all the emotions which may be experienced, and teaching them to deal with those emotions in an acceptable way.
- To develop children’s creativity and self-expression through art, language and music with the emphasis being placed on the doing, not the end result.
- To help children develop confidence in their physical abilities by providing activities to encourage both fine and gross motor skills.
Partnership Of Care
We believe the best way to work with you and your child is by building a partnership of care.
To do this we want you to feel:
- Welcomed, recognised, acknowledged and respected by all our educators.
- That your child is really known by, and really knows, the people who care for him or her.
- You are given lots of information about what is occurring and are asked for your views.
- You are involved in making decisions about your child’s experiences.
- You and your child are received and greeted upon arrival.
- Your child is happy, secure and engaged.
- Your child is not just looked after but really cared for.